JA Job Shadow
JA Job Shadow, a classroom and site-based program, prepares high school students to be entrepreneurial thinkers and encourages them to develop personal strategies to pursue lifelong learning and career opportunities. Through one day, on-site experiences, students learn practical business skills such as dressing and speaking professionally, being on time, working as part of a team, and providing effective customer service. These real world skills are enhanced with classroom lessons and follow-up activities.
Through the site visit, students learn real-world learning skills such as:
• Dressing and speaking professionally
• Being on time and prepared to work
• Problem solving
• Working as part of a team
• Using phone calls and email in a work environment
• Providing effective, positive customer service
• Analyzing and interpreting information
• Brainstorming, critical thinking and goal setting
• Oral and written communication, public speaking
JA Job Shadow Resources
Learn more about the job shadow events hosted by our corporate partners.
I was surprised at the passion and drive to succeed. You’ll never get to do what you want in life if you do not work hard.”
My host opened my eyes to new opportunities. It was great!”
It was an awesome experience – from basic fundamentals to lasting advice, I feel this was a gratifying privilege.”
I want to thank everyone for working with us during the job shadowing and for teaching us a lot about life.”
If you’d like to give your students this real-world opportunity, or if your company would like to sponsor a JA Job Shadow experience, please contact your local JA team member or Lindsay Barton at firstname.lastname@example.org.