Join us in cultivating the next generation of entrepreneurs at JA LaunchU! Under the guidance of our Entrepreneur in Residence, participants will launch their own company, compete in start-up competitions (JA PitchFest, JAUM Company of the Year Competition, MN Cup), and network with local entrepreneurs. Students will have an opportunity to receive college credit through Metropolitan State University (11th and 12th graders only) and, upon successful completion of the program (80% participation required), will be eligible for a $500 stipend to continue to build their start-up.
In this program, students will:
- Launch, manage and operate a start-up company with a team of students
- Participate in JA PitchFest event to win seed funding for their start-up company
- Develop strong interpersonal and communication skills to influence and lead teams
- Apply a broad range of tools and practices to successfully manage venture business projects from start to finish
- Connect with CEOs and founders of locally owned start-ups for mentorship and career networking opportunities
- Receive college credit though Metropolitan State University (11th and 12th grade students only).
- $500 stipend for successful completion
- Access to JA Innovation Incubator space and resources
- Metropolitan State University credit (11th and 12th graders only)
- Network with local entrepreneurs
- Participate in start-up competitions to win seed funding
One weekly meeting held Monday’s (6-8 pm), and occasional Saturdays or for youth start-up competitions and events. October 2020 – May 2021. Meetings will be held in-person. In the event that we cannot meet in-person, we will meet virtually.
- Students entering grades 10th -12th
- Must reside in the Minneapolis-St Paul metro area
Junior Achievement James R. and Patricia Hemak Experiential Learning Center
1745 University Ave. W • St. Paul, MN 55104
Space is limited; students are encouraged to apply early. Deadline:August 1, 2020
Participation is free of charge.
register online here.
Questions? Contact JA Entrepreneurship Pathway Program Manager William Totimeh (firstname.lastname@example.org).@jaum.org