Located at: 402 Graco Avenue, JA BizTown, MN 55111
City Hall provides leadership and example of good citizenship to JA BizTown community. Oversees voting, town meetings, tax collection, monitors environmental safety and recycling, conducts a clean water project, and executes legal forms and casework.
- Obtains bank loan.
- Signs Rental Agreement for business space.
- Supervises employees and oversees business operations.
- Prepares and gives speeches at Town Meetings.
- Takes census count of JA BizTown.
- Discusses participation in the Better Business Bureau with each CFO.
- Supervises JA BizTown voting.
- Records the town census.
- Inputs employee payroll information.
- Prints and distributes employee payroll checks.
- Prints and distributes business expense checks.
- Keeps all records of business expenses and payments.
- Makes business deposits at Bank.
- Signs business checks if Mayor is not available.
- Purchases supplies at the Supply and Delivery Center.
- Conduct research to determine the most effective and environmentally friendly packaging material.
- Works with the Manufacturing Engineer to create a plan about the water use in JA BizTown.
- Collects recycling and conducts survey.
- Completes all JA BizTown tax forms.
- Issues tax ID numbers and verifies 501(c)3 status of JA BizTown “not for profit.”
- Prepares and distributes business property tax bills.
- Collects and gives tax payments to the Town Treasurer for deposit.
- Prepares and gives speech at the Closing Town Meeting.
- Reviews legal documents (Loan Agreements, Rental Agreements, Bank Charter, Non-profit Charter).
- Investigates criminal case(s) and prepares case results and recommendations.
- Uses iPad to conduct surveys to collect information from teachers and students.
- Gathers and analyzes market research data for a JA BizTown business.