Located at: 205 General Mills Street, JA BizTown, MN 55111
The Construction Center plans and completes quality building projects for business customers and for the improvement of JA BizTown. Projects include: building a park bench, and taking measurements for new doors and blinds for the JA BizTown businesses, designing a model of a new building in JA BizTown, and exploring alternative energy and building a wind farm.
- Obtains bank loan.
- Signs Rental Agreement for business space.
- Supervises employees and oversees business operations.
- Signs all business payroll and expense checks.
- Works with the Foreman to plan the Safety Meeting.
- Prepares and gives speech at Town Meeting.
- Assists with all business duties when employees are on break.
- Inputs employee payroll information.
- Prints and distributes employee payroll checks.
- Prints and distributes business expense checks.
- Keeps all records of business expenses and payments.
- Makes business deposits at Bank.
- Signs business checks if CEO is not available.
- Purchases supplies from the Supply and Delivery Center.
- Reads and reviews descriptions of products to be produced.
- Leads a Safety Meeting with the CEO.
- Inspects project sites to monitor progress and safety.
- Sets up “construction zone” and assembles projects.
- Paces work to meet production goals.
- Produces quality products.
- Visits City Hall to obtain Mayor’s signature on project bid.
- Run meeting to discuss projects and safety with Foreman.
- Prepares billing for JA Staff for projects completed.
- Supervise Foreman and assist with construction projects.
- Delivers ordered items along with Invoices to JA BizTown Staff.
- Collects payments for purchased items.
- Analyzes JA BizTown blueprints and coordinates measurements for new projects.
- Locate bench project and use JA BizTown blueprints to determine dimensions and location of the building project.
- Uses graphing paper to create a model of a new JA BizTown feature.
- Performs a Quality of Construction Assessment of all completed projects.
- Researches alternative energy sources and creates models.
- Complete Wind Energy Project sheet and create a model of a wind farm.
- Analyze cost effectiveness of wind energy turbines.
- Work with the Property Management Utility Engineer to create a list of ways citizens can conserve energy. Post the list on the Town Announcements Bulletin board outside of City Hall.