JAUM Youth Entrepreneur Council
JAUM Youth Entrepreneur Council is an advisory group that develops the JA Entrepreneurship Pathway strategy recommendations and oversight for Junior Achievement of the Upper Midwest’s (JAUM) youth entrepreneurship programs. The Council is instrumental in the design and development of program services that would enhance the experience of aspiring young entrepreneurs.
Roles and responsibilities of the Council include:
- Serve as a catalyst for engaging youth start-ups and aspiring entrepreneurs
- Strengthen the relationship of youth entrepreneurs with the local start-up ecosystem
- Provide effective guidance to aspiring youth entrepreneurs
- Serve as the voice and represent the perspective of youth start-ups
- Mentor and inspire other young entrepreneurs
- Commit to the Council for one calendar year beginning August 2020 through May 2021
In return, JAUM is committed to being responsive, innovative and effective. We will meet that commitment by:
- Listening, communicating and engaging respectfully
- Honoring diverse perspectives and cultures
- Behaving ethically, compassionately and responsibly
- Taking action to create positive change
JAUM Youth Entrepreneur Council will meet approximately five times a year: January, March, May, August, October. Meetings are typically from 6:00-7:30 p.m. during the school year and 2:00-3:30 p.m. during the summer. Other special meetings (in person or virtually), including attending JA events and workshops, may be scheduled as appropriate.
Application deadline is June 30, 2020. For more information, contact William Totimeh, Entrepreneurship Pathway Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.