Junior Achievement’s response to the COVID-19 virus
Junior Achievement of the Upper Midwest is continuing to monitor COVID-19 developments and consulting with health experts, schools, and community partners to guide our response. Our top priority is the safety and well-being of our students, volunteers, partners, staff, and the greater communities we serve.
As a result, we have implemented the following changes until further notice:
- All in-person and volunteer-driven Junior Achievement programming in schools or in after-school settings will be postponed or delivered virtually.
- The Junior Achievement James R. and Patricia Hemak Experiential Learning Center in St. Paul will remain closed.
- The 2020 sessions of JA Young Entrepreneurs Camp and JA STEM Camp are cancelled.
- Non-programmatic events (i.e., fundraisers, meetings, workshops, etc.) will be conducted virtually or rescheduled.
- All JAUM team members will continue to work remotely
In response to the pandemic restrictions, Junior Achievement expanded our digital portfolio of free online resources for teachers and parents to support our children’s distance learning. We have also created opportunities for volunteers to engage virtually with students.
Together, we can continue to keep our children engaged, inspired, and educationally challenged. Your continued support is appreciated and valued. Please reach out to your JA team member with any questions, concerns, or ideas. Stay healthy and be well!
Please check back for updates as the situation evolves (updated 6/19/2020).