Located at: 104 Best Buy Boulevard, JA BizTown, MN 55111
The JA BizTown Manufacturing Center teaches students about the role of technology in manufacturing. Students explore and utilize different production and manufacturing methods while creating fun and interesting products to sell, such as buttons and photo frames. Students will also explore water filtration technology and work with City Hall to create a water conservation plan for JA BizTown.
- Obtains bank loan.
- Signs Rental Agreement for business space.
- Supervises employees and oversees business operations.
- Signs all business payroll and expense checks.
- Prepares and gives speech at Town Meeting.
- Works with employees to determine pricing of products.
- Assists with all business duties when employees are on break.
- Inputs employee payroll information.
- Prints and distributes employee payroll checks.
- Prints and distributes business expense checks.
- Keeps all records of business expenses and payments.
- Makes business deposits at Bank.
- Signs business checks if CEO is not available.
- Purchases supplies from the Supply and Delivery Center.
- Learns the operation of manufacturing tools, such as button machine and 3D printer, to create products.
- Personalizes products for customers as ordered, if applicable.
- Paces work to meet production goals and loan payment.
- Works with CEO to set prices of products.
- Learns operation of POS computer to verify and record sales.
- Prepares advertising flyers and posters.
- Greets customers and assists them with sales.
- Delivers ordered items to customers, if necessary.
- Forwards debit card receipts to CFO to make business deposits.