Cultivate your child’s entrepreneurial spirit at JA Summer Camps.
Held at JA BizTown, our unique kid-sized city.
JA STEM Camp
Monday – Thursday, June 19-22, 2017
Geared toward students entering 4-8 grade
Fun STEM activities include:
- Run your own business in JA BizTown
- Learn how to hypothesize and estimate using popcorn
- Create, market and sell a new product using “found materials”
- Learn STEM skills by interacting with real rabbits via the cool, kid-run nonprofit STEM Bunnies
- Explore STEM careers through our STEMbot computer program
- Create project plans, science experiments and video commercials
- Become an engineer by building the tallest tower using only….food!
JA Young Entrepreneurs Camp
Monday – Thursday, July 24-27, 2017
Geared toward students entering 5-8 grade, or with prior JA BizTown experience
Aspiring young entrepreneurs will:
- Explore your “dream job” – generate ideas; work with new friends to run a profit-generating business in JA BizTown
- Learn from local entrepreneurs from a variety of different careers and backgrounds
- Save/spend/earn – become a financial rock star
- Create/build/market a new product in our creative toy competition
- Conduct market research and develop a business plan
- Pitch your ideas in JA’s version of “Shark Tank.” Can you and your friends convince the sharks to invest in your business?
CANCELLATION POLICY: Camp fees are non refundable. We will gladly help you move to another summer session if your scheduling needs change.
For more information, contact Jennifer Baldwin, Director of Capstone Programs, at 651-255-0037 or firstname.lastname@example.org.