JA Summer Fellows
Launch your own business this summer!
Join us for this youth entrepreneurship opportunity through the JA Summer Fellows Cohort. We’re seeking five innovative St. Paul students to be selected as the first cohort of JA Summer Fellows. Start your own company or accelerate an existing one.
The program is open to St. Paul students entering grades 10, 11, and 12 in the fall of 2019. Download a printer-friendly flyer here.
What does the JA Fellowship Offer?
1. Dedicated work space in JA’s Innovation Incubator for the summer.
2. Access to other JA work spaces including video conferencing, auditorium and meeting rooms.
3. Entrepreneurship curriculum to launch or grow your business.
4. Access to technology to support your business.
5. Opportunities to build your social network with business leaders and entrepreneurs.
1. Upon successful completion, a $1,000 stipend will be awarded to each student to help fund their business.
2. City of St. Paul will provide additional resources to help students grow their company in their CDA.
3. Bus/light rail stipends if needed to get to JA.
4. In-kind support including access to curriculum, facilities and mentors.
1. JA Resident Fellowship Advisor will be the liaison to resources to help accelerate the launch of your business.
2. One-on-one mentors for the summer
3. JA will recruit content experts to conduct workshops on key start-up steps such as:
- Raising money
- Why is your product/service needed
- How to sell your product/service
- How do you use technology to support your business
In partnership with the City of St. Paul Cultural Destination areas, five students will be selected to the first summer cohort of JA St. Paul Summer Fellows. The program is open to St. Paul students entering 10th, 11th and 12th grades in the fall of 2019.
8 week commitment, three days a week (T, W, Th)
June 17 – August 15 (week of July 4th not in session)
10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Students must commit to 90% attendance
1745 University Ave. W
St. Paul, MN 55104
A partnership between Junior Achievement and the City of St. Paul Cultural Destination Areas (CDA)
Rondo • Little Africa • Little Mekong • North End • East Side • West Side • 7th Street