Terms and Conditions – JA BizTown and JA Finance Park
Expectations / Code of Conduct Agreement
Junior Achievement of the Upper Midwest will provide:
- Teacher and student curriculum materials for use prior to the on-site visit.
- JA in-class assistance and consultation, as available.
- All on-site simulation materials.
- Teacher and adult volunteer training sessions, with dates to be determined.
- Ongoing support to teachers by e-mail and phone, as needed.
- Staff assistance and facilitation during the JA Capstone on-site simulation. JA staff members will seek first the assistance of supervising teachers to help with a discipline problem. If behavior does not improve, JA staff members reserve the right to request that a student be removed from the simulation. An attending teacher will be responsible for that student’s removal to a safe area (e.g., school bus, hallway, etc.), and his/her supervision during the remainder of the day.
Teachers agree to:
- Attend a teacher training session and assume responsibility for providing any necessary substitute teachers on that date (if applicable).
- Use the JA Capstone curriculum and materials with the understanding that they are the sole property of Junior Achievement and may not be shared, given away, copied or in any way distributed or used by any party other than the person(s) who has signed this Program Agreement.
- Return to the local area JA office, the Curriculum Guide and Classroom Kit, should teacher or school discontinue teaching the curriculum for any reason.
- Prepare students for the simulation using curriculum materials provided by Junior Achievement.
- Recruit adult volunteers for the on-site visit. (minimum of 14, maximum of 24 for JA BizTown, 1 adult per 6 students for JA Finance Park)
- Notify the adult volunteers of the training session(s).
- Notify students, parents, and adult volunteers of the date and time of the simulation visit.
- Arrange student transportation for the simulation.
- Indicate the school’s arrival and departure times for the simulation visit. (4-5 hours on-site)
- Remind students, and enforce that the behavioral expectations and consequences which apply on school property also apply when students are in the Junior Achievement facility.
- Junior Achievement bans all weapons and drugs on its property.
- Work with the JA staff while on-site to maintain an environment that is suitable to learning. If a student’s behavior is inappropriate during the simulation, (e.g., refusing to participate, disturbing others, using vulgar language, etc.) JA staff members will seek the assistance of supervising teachers. If the behavior does not improve, JA staff reserves the right to request that a teacher remove the student from the simulation. An attending teacher will be responsible for that student’s removal to a safe area (e.g., school bus, hallway, etc.) and that the student will be supervised while there for the duration of the school’s visit.
Principal agrees to:
- Submit payment based on the terms of the invoice received from Junior Achievement of the Upper Midwest. Schools are invoiced on the number of instructional material sets provided.
- Encourage teachers to require and enforce the same behavioral expectations and consequences while students are in the Junior Achievement James R. and Patricia Hemak Experiential Learning Center that apply while on school property, following up appropriately on discipline issues after the visit, if necessary.
- Assume responsibility, on behalf of the school, for damage done to JA’s property by students while participating in the simulation(s).
- Support teachers in their efforts to fulfill their Agreement conditions.
- If a confirmed program simulation date is cancelled, your school will provide a minimum of 90 days written notice to JA or incur the following cancellation penalty for either capstone program:
More than 90 days notice = no penalty fee
61-89 days notice = 50% penalty fee
60 days or less notice = full fee incurred
We have read the above information and understand the financial and behavioral commitments we are making to the Junior Achievement program and facility.