Middle School Classroom
Middle School Classroom Volunteers
JA’s middle school programs help teens make difficult decisions about how to best prepare for their educational and professional future by reinforcing the value of education and the benefits of staying in school.
Middle school classroom volunteers deliver our curriculum in one of two ways:
- Multi-visit delivery – classroom visits are scheduled directly with the assigned teacher, allowing for flexibility in scheduling.
- JA in a Day – all six classroom lessons are taught back-to-back during a half day visit.
- Multi-visit delivery – volunteers visit the classroom on six separate occasions, 45 minutes per visit
- JA in a Day – volunteers deliver all six lessons during a half-day visit to the classroom (approximately 4 hours)
- Pre-classroom preparation is also required to familiarize the volunteer with the curriculum and organize/prepare the kit materials (approximately 4 hours)
JA provides all the training and materials you’ll need to be prepared. At each JA in a Day, our staff will also provide an orientation and offer tips in working with students.
JA’s middle school curriculum is geared toward 6th through 8th graders. Classroom size depends on the school, ranging from 18 to 30 students.
Learn more about the various middle school programs JA offers.
We’ll work with you to select the ideal school and/or grade level opportunity that works with your schedule. To get started, complete our volunteer registration form. Questions? Contact us at 651-255-0055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.